My Polio story. RDD does FIAT Palio 1.6. Starring Fuel Miser

A pat on the back or just to let us know how we can improve our service.

Moderators: arun, chinoy

chinoy
RDD Junkie

Re: My Polio story. RDD does FIAT Palio 1.6. Starring Fuel M

Post by chinoy » Fri Nov 22, 2013 7:50 pm

If you guys with little engines like 1.6 are reporting such gains in throttle response and power. Can you imagine what would happen in larger more powerful cars.
I bet there are a whole load of Porche's, Lambos, etc that are on NB tech and can get similar benefits.

chinoy
RDD Junkie

Post by chinoy » Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:23 pm

I agree that the shorter gearing is not something I would like. Because in fact keeping the gearing stock will give you better mileage. And less shifting of gears in traffic.
I only mention it cause after we do all this. Some smart guy will plonk in shorter gearing and say see my 0-100 speed is so good.

The next step then would be porting and shaving the head.
If you can afford the cams go for them.
Im pretty sure we can manage the cams with the stock ECU. And my circuit. We have done it in the past with solid results.

bikelover
RDD Junkie

Post by bikelover » Sat Nov 23, 2013 1:29 am

This is a brilliant transformation! Congrats Pradeep & Ron. Should give something to those holding onto their Palio 1.6's.

mohsihummer
RDD Junkie

Post by mohsihummer » Sat Nov 30, 2013 2:52 pm

nice!!! those mileage figures are tempting..
post some videos please

cha_indian
Kindergarden.

Post by cha_indian » Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:58 pm

Ron, I asked for a Fuel miser device through email...but seems like you did not receive it... Just wanna know if you are planning a new batch for Indian customers in future or is it still available ?

zappy

Post by zappy » Fri Jun 13, 2014 3:50 pm

Hi Pradeep, can we have an update on how the car and fuel miser are performing.

Reason being i too have a Fiat Palio 1.6 GTX(The old version) and am contemplating getting the product soon.

cyanide
RDD Fan Boy

Post by cyanide » Fri Jun 13, 2014 6:47 pm

Polio? :mrgreen:

SunMysore
RDD Junkie

Post by SunMysore » Fri Jun 13, 2014 9:11 pm

cyanide wrote:Polio? :mrgreen:
We all call our Palios as Polios :D

chinoy
RDD Junkie

Post by chinoy » Thu Jul 10, 2014 5:26 pm

The product is very much in production. And available for sale in India.
Please call me to discuss how to take it forward.

Prd
RDD Junkie

Post by Prd » Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:09 pm

Hello everybody! I had been on a brief self-imposed social-networking exile.

The update on the Palio might be a bit anti-climatic mainly because there is nothing much to report except that the car and YouTune has been working flawlessly day in and day out.

Couple of months back, we did a trip down to Coimbatore for a track day with myself, Muks, Rags and another friend (all hefty 80kg+ league boys) in the car and it ran the distance beautifully. When the pedal was down in Power Mode, there wasn't much on the road that could keep up with us despite the weight penalty.

Its been months since I have run the car in mileage mode. It mostly runs in the default Stoichiometric mode AFR 14.7:1 and mileage has been in the 14-16kmpl range depending on how well-behaved I am with the throttle, which is not too often. The fuel-efficiency calculation is based on a 28km commute to work each day over 5 days a week where I blow Rs1000 for about 10 liters of Shell Super Premium unleaded, each week.

But for future potential customers of YouTune I have to pepper this with a bit of caution that, how well the YouTune will work on your engine is directly proportional to the mechanical state of your engine. The YouTune cannot overcome existing electro-mechanical problems in the car, so if you have a sweet ride to begin with, this product will blow your mind. Full credit to Vignesh here for keeping the car in a sweet shape before he passed it on to me.

Downside with the product is that, being a bit of a gear-head, all the design flaws/compromises that the manufacturer has had to make suddenly become too obvious and you start to get that incurable itch to mod and fix those. For example, even when the car is flying in power mode, you know it is still being held back by that idiotic log-type exhaust manifold with unequal runners and a huge cat-con canister 7 inches away from the exhaust-valve or the silly way they have routed that intake hose coming from the airbox or that plenum with almost 2ft long runners... Now my sole obsession has become to scratch that itch or precisely making enough cash to scratch that itch.
But in the meantime, I love my car and every time I put the pedal down I say a small prayer of thanks through my grin.