My Himalayan RD

A pat on the back or just to let us know how we can improve our service.

Moderators: arun, chinoy

mukund
Upper Kindergarden

Re: My Himalayan RD

Post by mukund » Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:16 pm

Hey Folks,

Thanks for your good wishes.... past few days have been good fun on the paper work front.. Since I'm planning to take the bike by train to the himalayas, some friends advised that i get the paper work sorted out to avoid any trouble on the way....

My RC book is in almost rags and powdering about ... well it has lived it's life of nearly 3 decades. I need a card in a hurry so went to a tout and got the bike inspected for fitness at the RTO yesterday... they gave me a letter called as a "B-extract" and another "Green Tax paid" receipt which i'm told are sufficient for moving the bike across the country... keeping my fingers crossed on that ... the tout has also assured me that the "Card" will be done by the weekend.

We are supposed to start from Bangalore on 19th June, ride to Madras and get the bikes into the train headed to Jammu. On the 22nd afternoon, we are to start the ride from Jammu towards Srinagar and onwards to the towering mountains... looking forward to it and hope my good health and the bike do well

Cheers

ajithk
RDD Junkie

Post by ajithk » Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:29 pm

Have a blast Mukund baba! You are hereby bound by solemn oath to put together a detailed and complete travelogue within a week of returning. Better put notes and pics together everyday.

vinaykumar
RDD Junkie

Post by vinaykumar » Thu Jun 13, 2013 4:14 pm

All the very best, see if you can borrow some nice camera kit from your friends. [other than the stuff you already have]
A nice wide angle lens, filters etc.

voodoo_child
Kindergarden.

Post by voodoo_child » Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:13 pm

Best wishes Mukund for an adventurous Himalayan trip!
A great chance for you to move at your own pace enjoying the nature instead thinking about why others ride fast :)

chinoy
RDD Junkie

Post by chinoy » Fri Jun 14, 2013 12:18 pm

Or slow when it comes to Muks.