Yamaha RD(Ron's Design)350

A pat on the back or just to let us know how we can improve our service.

Moderators: arun, chinoy

rahulsharma_7
RDD Junkie

Re: Yamaha RD(Ron's Design)350

Post by rahulsharma_7 » Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:15 pm

Many congratulations, looks nice.

Few are able to achieve a true build to enjoy the master class of the RD, I am still awaiting that day when I can be owned by one.

mukund
Upper Kindergarden

Post by mukund » Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:23 am

hey man, nice bike.... observed the fuel tap seems to be local make.... please stay away from pushing the bike as this tap i see will hardly flow enuf fuel... please pull the petrol tube going to the carbs and with a stop watch see how much flows in 60 seconds... compare with a stock tap and make sure your beauty is getting enuf gas

I seized my bike after changing to a very similar tap thus the request for you to triple check

Cheers

Jonathan
Kindergarden.

Post by Jonathan » Sat Aug 04, 2012 10:59 pm

Thanks RahulSharma you're right man the Rd Ride is unlike anyother its at a different plane alltogether :) .
Hi Mukund How are You? Its right Man the Fuel tap is local make Ron and Prd advised me to replace it Im trying to get a original fuel tap
But You know how it is right the difficulty involved in getting Rd Spares not yet successful,It took me 4 days to figure out that
Rd Fuel Tap is also called "Fuel Petcock" :) . Thanks Mukund for explaining the procedure ill check the flow.

Jonathan
Kindergarden.

Post by Jonathan » Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:54 pm

Friends i thought i'll give you an update i have completed the run-in period of the bike
its completed around 400 kms.I followed all the instructions given to me by Ron and was extra careful i
ran it in myself ,constantly changing the throttle being creative it was really fun my riding technique also improved
Around two to three times i opened the throttle and whacked it but after a few seconds got scared and slowed down.
At present the bike is packed and stored in Bangalore under vigilance and care,
as i had to leave Bengaluru to complete my course which will last a few months

Guys bike is Running AWESOME.
Some things i observed are,
1)The Rdd Combo Setup is perfect for our roads one thing i noticed when i rode the bike for 400 kms
was i could never reach the 5th or 6th gear either the road ended or i got too scared too ride it in top gear
the 2nd,3rd and 4th gear is where i rode the most and there was a lot of grunt and power in these gears
previously i needed to upshift or downshift for power increase or decrease now i just whack open the trottle and it leaps
ahead.
2)I dont know how to put it but its settling in day by day,and getting better and better It feels like a New Modern Bike
But its still Old Skool Two Stroke Craziness.
Man its sound is amazing everyone who has heard the bike says the same It sounds Sweet gnarly and distinctive on stock
silencers.On the road many 4 stroke guys hair stood up when i rode past them.
3)It is my everyday bike and rode it more than often, and even though it is a yesteryear motorcycle wherever i parked
it a small group or sometimes one or two
People would always be admiring the bike and they would ask about
the bike and the carbs one guy said "What Carbs are these did Ex President
Abdul Kalam design these" i said no i got these from my Friend. Best part is i Took my Sister on the Bike
and She said the Rd Seat is really Low and the most comfortable compared to aktiva and other scooters and as usual she
said "The sound is so nice now i understand why people want to go fast" :)
4)The Idling is ever Duty-ful it fires up and stays constant.
5)Ive noticed that Ron has replaced some of the Nuts and Bolts with brand new ones which the bike was missing
and He has taken care of some other small things on the bike eg the Bolt and clamp on the side shield it was loose,even though
it was not part of the agreement He did it on his own,It says a lot about Him.
6)It is Smoking Less and returning better mileage than before Im 100% Sure about that Im Happy and Satisfied with it.

Future
Guys when i Return i need to start it change the oil and switch to running Motul
The Petrol tap needs to be changed and high priority
is i need to upgrade to Disk Brakes cause the
stock brakes on my RDD RD are not satisfactory.

Guys The most important thing is the bike would never have Reached this stage
without the Help of Ron,Pradeep,Mohit and RDD Friends and would like to Thank Them for all their
Help and Support the RD is a Spiritual Experience and im actually trying to Understand it "Im finally getting little bit of it" and boy
Am i Happy :). Thanks for reading,
regards sanket.

Prd
RDD Junkie

Post by Prd » Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:21 pm

Thanks for the feedback, Sanket! We all appreciate it.

Really good to hear that you and your family are thoroughly enjoying the bike.
Like I said, the hallmark of a RDD build is that it makes you want to ride the thing everywhere and not just keep it as a garage queen. Now the cycle parts and suspension will quickly start feeling inadequate but take it slow and start by upgrading one thing at a time starting with suspension and brakes.

But most of all Keep Riding and have a blast!

chinoy
RDD Junkie

Post by chinoy » Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:53 am

Thanks
Have fun
Join us when you get back to Bangalore.

It will feel like a whole new machine once you switch to motul. It will feel like silk.
The exp. just keeps getting better and better. Enjoy the tirp.

People look at engine builds as engine builds. I look at them as life time experiences. Even the owner shares in the creation. And joy once done can be enough fulfillment for ones life time automotive dreams.

To have once such build in a life time consider youself lucky.

My build of a lifetime is my Honda Turbo and Im happy with it.

chinoy
RDD Junkie

Post by chinoy » Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:36 pm

Sanket Did you try the motul 800?

Jonathan
Kindergarden.

Post by Jonathan » Sat Jul 20, 2013 1:25 am

Hi Ron I added Motul 800 yesterday.The difference could be felt instantly,
1)Bike is running much more Smoother,its like all the internals are getting an exotic oil massage.
2)Starts quicker after a long cold stop.
3)Revs Super clean,Sound is crispier,more mids,"There is more Volume to the WhOOOOOOsH"
4)You mentioned last time when we were talking that adding Motul will make
the ride "silkier" You were absoultely right It feels really Silkier.
5)Iver tried all the 2t oil available here Ron on my bikes but by far this has been the Best its really Pure
zero smell,Next I'll upgrade the Engine oil to Motul.
6)Ron Baba Thanks for providing me the Oil.

valentineair

Post by valentineair » Sat Feb 01, 2014 8:12 pm

Jonathan............what youve exp is...
RDDreams MAGIC!! .......pure F*!#@ MAGIC...........