RZ350 Long Rod Setup - Am loving it

A pat on the back or just to let us know how we can improve our service.

Moderators: arun, chinoy

crazydiablo
RDD Junkie

RZ350 Long Rod Setup - Am loving it

Post by crazydiablo » Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:32 pm

I am amazed. Simple and straight forward.

I love the setup but over the years there a few more things I have learnt to appreciate about your work rather than outright power.

The attention to detail is simply mind blowing. I know that you spend a lot of hours on this engine, and definitely I can feel the difference. I have been quite impatient with this barrel but you persisted on improving it again and again.

The barrel have been assembled with a lot of care right. The PVs are working well. They are well synched and free in the barrels. I checked the opening and closing of the PVs, good job there.

The clearances are spot on for this build. I did not do any running in. Just a few heat cycles and balls to the walls riding. The fact the I am using chambers and this running in was done with chambers also shows the fact that you had that already factored in. The couple of times I opened the head, the bore looked clean. The motor is healthy, with good compression, pulls like a mad in the power band.

The crank is another piece that’s probably made a huge difference in the way the motor behaves. The bike is ultra smooth. Once warmed up, she is revs clean, response quick and overall vibes are very less. The suggestion for long rod motor was great. The motor actually pulls from 3k, which is commendable for the YPVS. Even with the power valves previously the motor was pretty dead below 5k-5.5k. So I can definitely attribute the low end torque to the long rod motor. Probably the way she revs up now also can be because of this setup.

According the Vapor, I hit about 10400 rpm, motor was pulling strong beyond that also. So I guess I should expect around 11.5k redline at least from this motor. I can assure that it will see that redline quite often. I intend to test that crank for its lifetime.

Like I was discussing with Jatin, I havent seen many two strokes that will hit the powerband in 6th. It seems to be a pure bred trait of an RDD motor. I am sure it will hit the redline in 6th also.

Its far from setup, I know there is lots more to come. But I love the starting point you have given me. I am not worried about the longevity of this engine, its not going to see thousands of street kms like my RD did. But I like the way that an RDD build can be assembled, setup and thrashed right from the word go.

Also commendable is the support you have shown through out the build.

I have kept the review strictly technical and hopefully to the point. There are more RDD goodies that will be added to this motor. Like the RDD O ringed head, RDD CDI, Chinoy Filter filters, Keihin PWKs etc. It can only get better from now on.

chinoy
RDD Junkie

Re: RZ350 Long Rod Setup - Am loving it

Post by chinoy » Fri Apr 13, 2012 1:40 pm

Im really happy for you man.
Im also glad that your happy with the build.

Id like to think it was all my hours of work. But that is nothing compared to what you have given me. And put into this build.
Years of friendship, and loyalty to both me and RDD.

So to me its just Karma doing its thing. You get what you deserve in life. And you have earned this bike and this engine. In more ways than one.
Think she will pull clean past 12,000 RPM once the RDD CDI and new carbs go in.
I have still a lot of improvements to be made. Which will make your power band even wider. Starting with modding the PV Controller electronics to increase Travel.
So if your power band is starting at 3K now. After I do the mods it will start at 2K.

Only request every time you whack it open and you get pushed back in the seat. SMILE BIG and enjoy the moment you earned it.
Ps: And yes I know your RZ is faster than mine. I should know I designed both engines.
Only the best for my customers. We dont give out scaled down or watered down versions of our best work.

I have no doubt that when we are done and we put it on the Dyno. We will hold the record for most powerful RZ in the country to our growing list of records.

ajaybiz
RDD Junkie

Post by ajaybiz » Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:15 pm

=D>

ajithk
RDD Junkie

Post by ajithk » Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:25 pm

You earned it Mohith! I know a little bit of how much blood, sweat and tears you have already spent on this one. Respect!

gurjinder
Upper Kindergarden

Post by gurjinder » Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:39 pm

You're a lucky man, crazyd.

Ride it often, ride it hard.

Cheers.

ad1tya
RDD Fan Boy

Post by ad1tya » Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:14 pm

Congratz Mohith!

renjugsk
Upper Kindergarden

Post by renjugsk » Sat Apr 14, 2012 12:19 am

Congratz Mohithetta,,,,Enjoy her like it is meant to be

nitesh
RDD Fan Boy

Post by nitesh » Sat Apr 14, 2012 12:21 am

Wow! I wish this could have been a lil earlier when i was there ;). missed the chance to see the bike.

danzel
RDD Junkie

Post by danzel » Sat Apr 14, 2012 7:03 am

faster than the yellow rz :(

chinoy
RDD Junkie

Post by chinoy » Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:19 am

Imagine the Yellow RZ on Chambers.

And you should be happy for him bugger.