Ask Baba / Tips from Baba.

Everything to do with e Cigarettes.

Moderators: anu, AndyK

chinoy
RDD Junkie

Ask Baba / Tips from Baba.

Post by chinoy » Mon Jul 07, 2014 5:25 pm

I spent 2 months after my heart attack reading up on all the forums.
What really gets my goat is that there is a total lack of key information out there.
And the info that is there is not all true.

So on this thread I am going to post tips that I have come up with or other Indian members. which I did not read anywhere else.
Try and keep it to questions or start your own tips thread. That way we can keep it condensed and full off info.

chinoy
RDD Junkie

Re: Tips from Baba.

Post by chinoy » Mon Jul 07, 2014 6:38 pm

How to build a Coil.

This is for Indian Members. Guys who struggle to get Bats, Chargers, coil etc. If your sitting in the USA enjoy and pass over.
This is for Genny , RBA, RBD etc.

Get your coil from BabaVapes. Tell us what tank your building for and we will supply the right coil.

Now cut off a length of coil say 4-5 inches.
Connect one end to one terminal. Tighten down the post.
Connect the other end to the other terminal. Screw loose.
Make sure there is not too much light in the room.

If your on a mech mod use a bat which is not fully charged. i.e. about 3.5 volts.
If your on VV / VW set it to the low side i.e. 3.2 volts.

Fire the coil. The coil should glow red in 1 second. i.e. Fire. say one thousand one and it should be cherry red.
First time you do it. It wont happen. So shorten the coil. It wont happen. Shorten again. This time it happens but after 3 seconds.
Shorten again. Now its happening. Mark it. Cut it. Measure it. Now you know with this gauge of wire and 3.2 volts your going cherry red in 1 second. Note it down. Now you can have the best smoke at the lowest voltage setting. Now you can have good smoke without draining out your bat.
This gives best smoke, best flavor, best bat life, best coil life.
What if I have a kanger tech tank no RBA. No problem. When you buy your coils from BV we will provide you with a number.
That is the length in MM to use to get the best results.

I wasted many hours fine tuning my coil builds till I came up with this system. Have not read it online anywhere.
Its simple. It works. No sub ohming BS. Talking to 90% of the Indian crowd who is on ego twist bat. Is very diffirent from guys who are sub ohming.
And for the record I think sub ohming is bullshit if you live in India. Where everything is a problem.
Even buying a VTC5 bat is a nightmare and you have to beg friends to carry it in.

I will do the sub ohm tips latter. For now we want the best bat life, the best coil life, the best flavor. The best bang for the buck.
Another option if you can afford it. Is buy pre-built wicks we will be stocking the fast tech stuff. But in my exp. These need to be tuned to work right. Also. Also I do not like the idea of smoking silica wick. And I prefer cotton.
Have found bits of silicon wick landing up in my mouth. Really dont want it in my lungs. Silicon wick is like glass wool. Tricky stuff to use.

Why cant we pre-cut this ?. Because every mod be it mechanical or be in electronic is different.
How much voltage drop. How efficient the circuit is. Changes from model to model. So you have to tune your own coil.

ajithk
RDD Junkie

Post by ajithk » Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:34 am

Simple but very effective trick

chinoy
RDD Junkie

Post by chinoy » Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:57 pm

Buy a RBA.

Forget everything you have read.
Forget everything you think you know about tanks and e-cigs.

Simple truth is if you want to enjoy a flavor. RBA is the only way.

Because lets face it. You are going to want to try different flavors. And I have found that once you put a certain flavor in a tank. It will never allow you to taste another flavor clean ever again. You are allways going to get a hint of the old flavor.
And no its very hard to get out. Washing will not help much.

I used to think driper meant you add 1-2 drops smoke than add 1-2 drops. This is BS.
You build a good wick. And a dripper can hold more juice than your average tank.

It takes under 45 seconds to change out flavors on a RBA.
Pull out old wick. Dry Burn
Push in new wick.
Wet wick and smoke.

Dont know which one to get ?
Get the IGO W from fast tech under 10$ shipped to your door.

simz

Post by simz » Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:37 pm

Got my igo-l dual coil in the mail today. Right out the box vaping not recommended. It felt like I took a lick of a set of keys. Metallic and cold and not enjoyable at all. So took out one coil, rebuilt the other with cotton wick. Still no good. No idea where I'm going wrong. I even washed out the steel parts. Maybe just strip the whole thing and properly clean it again. Have a feeling the wire ft installs isn't too great. Metallic taste and not a whole lot of flavour even on strong flavour juices.

Anyone with an igo have the same problem?

chinoy
RDD Junkie

Post by chinoy » Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:48 pm

Next Baba Tip:

By all means use cotton for your wicks. That is till we figure out how to get the silica wick for cheap in India.
BUT PLEASE BOIL THE COTTON FIRST.
I fill a pan with water add cotton. Boil for 2min. Strain off water. Boil again. Keep repeating this till there is no smell. 3rd time is normally a charm. Then leave the cotton to dry.

India is famous for re-using cotton from hospitals. They just clean and bleach it. Which causes a very bad taste.

Simz: Wrong place to post this you should have started a new thread.
Bring it over I will fix it for you.
Yes I don't use the wire and wick FT sells. I only use the American stuff.

Any new tanks you must wash them in warm water and soap.
Then you must wash them in IPA. And then again wash in warm water and soap. (No IPA then use Vodka).

You should burn your coil on the gas stove and clean boil your cotton.
The other possibility is that on the IGO you are finally getting to taste what the juice really tastes like.

Summary: Just washing in hot water and soap will leave a soap taste in the tank. Best is to use hot water / soap / Alcohol / Plain water hot in that order.
2: If at first you dont like the taste of cotton even after boiling dont give up. Just buy from another source and try again.
You will find good cotton in India. Trust me.

chinoy
RDD Junkie

Post by chinoy » Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:54 pm

Best way to store your e-juice.

I am dead against the use of Plastics. Plastics is the number 1 reason for Juices going off. Changes in taste etc.
The reason plastics is used is because it is easy to transport. I would strongly recommend you store any juice you plan on using in glass bottles.

The glass bottles should be boiled in water. Standard practices as used in the storing and making of jams should be used.
i.e. boiling water. Heat over naked flame etc.

If you plan to use up the juice then plastic is ok. But if its say 20+ML and your not going to finish it please move it to a glass bottle.

chinoy
RDD Junkie

Post by chinoy » Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:32 pm

Cap on or Cap off for Steeping.

Sometimes we get a perfume smell from Juice which have not steeped enough.
So do you store it with the cap on or off.

The right answer depends on your climate and the humidity.
If its a dry low humidity climate cap off or on.

If humidity is high. Cap on only. Why ? Because VG and PG is hydroscopic i.e. it absorbs moisture very easy.
And once that moisture is absorbed its very hard to get it out.

To understand what this means. Take a few drops of juice. Or add some water to your near empty tank. Now try smoking it.
Or try smoking after you fill a tank with a wet wick. You get the picture.

I keep all my Juices in a drawer. With a large packet of SIlica Jel. Just to keep moisture out.

chinoy
RDD Junkie

Post by chinoy » Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:03 pm

Why should one be obsessed about boiling stuff. Washing it 10 times.
Only using distilled water ?
Its not like germs can be vaped into your body.

Ans:
My reason for getting anal about being clean only using glass. Washing and boiling glass etc. Has got nothing to do with germs.
The reason I do it is because we do not want anything to change the taste. It has nothing to do with Germs.

I suspect others are doing it for the same reason.

chinoy
RDD Junkie

Post by chinoy » Mon Jul 14, 2014 4:43 am

Evolve fast.
Evolve to testing various Juices fast.

There are two types of people.
a. Those that use the e-cig as a means to stop smoking and then stop the e-cig also.
These guys are normally light smokers. Who never smoked more than one or two analogues. They also tend to be non addictive personalities.
b. Those that make vaping their new smoking. They have no plans to wish to stop.

For the second group it makes sense to jump in the deep end and just get what you know you will land up on using.
Every Vaper evolves. From the time they start with the Carto the to time when they move to tanks. And then to RDA and RBA.

By spending a little more to start with you land up getting the best setup the fastest.
If your the kind of person who will never rebuild your coils go for a known good tank. And coil pack.
I would recommend the iclear 30s or the Kanger tech pro tanks. Keep backup coils on hand.
If your the kind who can re-wrap coils. Then jump direct to IGO-W dripper or Kayfun.
Give the Gennies a miss. To start with.
Get a mechanical mod. Which one is not critical. Get the segeli Kick. Get 18650 bats.

One easy way around the 20 Mg limit in India is to just smoke from a larger tank. When you do that even 18 MG is too much.
If you cant get the strong nic (Which we all know in India is available to any number you want). Just increase the amount of juice you consume.

The other evolution is one off picking the right kind of Juice which agrees with you.
If your super fit / young. Smoking the wrong juice you may not even realize.
But if our middle aged. Not very fit. If you smoke the wrong stuff. It will make you sick.

To Evolve as a Vapers. Learning to spot the quality juices becomes critical. The only way for you to figure this out is to test as many products as you can. From as many vendors as you can.

Its funny how some guys have only ever tasted juice form one vendor. For ages. Mix it up. learn to understand and feel what your Vaping. And the effect its having on your body. THe only good news in all this is that. No matter what you vape. Nothing comes as close to the danger you do smoking.